With the adoption of the golf cart ordinance, City staff will be observing user patterns. Please fill out the this survey to help us understand how you use the roads and trails in Nisswa.
Golf Cart Permits will be available starting June 1, 2021.
A permit application will be available at City Hall. You will need to show your driver's license and proof of insurance at the time of application. It is your responsibility to update your contact or golf cart information at City Hall.
The permit is $30 and valid for three (3) years. You will be issued a registration sticker and a slow-moving vehicle emblem to affix to the left side, rear fender.
Regulations to note:
- Golf carts may operate on the extreme right-hand side or shoulder of city roads.
- Golf cart speed may not exceed 20 MPH.
- Golf carts must obey all traffic laws at all times.
- Operator must have a valid driver’s license, or may be 15 years of age with a valid learner permit and accompanied by a person 18 years or older in the front seat.
- No one may sit in the driver’s lap while the golf cart is in motion.
- No standing while the golf cart is in motion or hanging on to a golf cart in motion.
For more detail, please review the Golf Cart Ordinance .
Click here for the permit application.
Click here to pay online.
Please note; your permit is not valid until you complete the paper application including providing proof of insurance and a valid driver's license.
Click here for a copy of the flyer.
Contact Amber at 218.961.4245 or email@example.com with questions regarding the permit process.